Friday 18 March 2016

Seeing Spots

I am definitely starting to get blanket club withdrawal! I am missing that lovely, squishable softness that is the merino... I know it's not long until pack 3 arrives, but in the meantime I have decided to get to work on the mini blanket I have planned with the scraps from the larger one.

I decided in this post that I wanted to do a mini circle-in-a-square design, to match the main blanket but on a smaller scale. And it's really working out quite well! Considering I only had the smallest amount of each colour left I am getting a rather large number of circles done!



As you can see, I'm being really naughty and not weaving in my ends as I go - I am sure I will pay for that later - but right now I just want something quick to work on. Instant gratification!

The squares are working up very quickly, and it is small enough (at the moment) to just pop in my handbag and take out with me. So many of these have been crocheted while in cafe's or at my mum's. So far I have six completed squares, and 29 unfinished squares that are basically just circles. I still have some ends of yarn left and I am going to join them together to make multicoloured circles.

And very soon I should have the third pack to add to it!

No comments: