Tuesday 22 March 2016

Easter Yarn Box

I believe I've already mentioned that I'm a sucker for a good yarn box, so when it was put on Facebook that there would be an Easter collaboration between Truly Hooked, Unbelievawool, and Dye Candy, I just couldn't say no! I was a bit naughty and I ordered the larger box - A little extra cost for twice the amount of hand dyed goodness. Well, it arrived this morning and I was NOT disappointed!



Inside my box were nine mini-skeins of lace weight yarn, in very vibrant pinks, oranges, yellows and greens. They definitely made me think of Spring flowers - more specifically, daffodils. There is also a link to two Ravelry scarf patterns to use your yarn with. Both scarves are free, and have very similar looks, so I think I am going to stay inside my comfort zone and make the crochet one. I could use the yarn on something different, and I know this, but I am always making blankets. I hardly ever branch out, and a nice colourful scarf might be just the thing to get me out of the baby pool! And I get to learn another new stitch, too. These are the two scarf patterns - The Mini Mania Scarf by Sarah Core, and the Crochet Linen Scarf by Heidi Beukelman.



There were also some lovely handmade buttons by Cross Crafts, some beads in case I want to add beads or tassels and, of course, some chocolate. Well, it is an Easter box after all!



Happy Easter!

No comments: