Thursday 7 April 2016

My Little Pony yarn

I got more yarn! Yeah, I know, I really don't need it. I mean.....This is how my yarn stash is currently looking, minus the yarn for Sophie:



But I am a sod for a good yarn box. This will be my last though, because I have gone too crazy on yarn lately. I seem to have developed a compulsion for buying yarn, and I need to reign it in before I bankrupt myself! (Okay, maybe it's not quite that bad.....but it could be!!)

When I heard about this yarn box from Dye Candy a few months back, I couldn't help but sign up for it. The theme is My Little Pony, and while my 11 year old son does love MLP, I am not convinced that he will trade his epic Minecraft blanket for a much smaller My Little Pony one.... So while I know I am going to make a blanket with this yarn, I have no idea who I am going to make it for!

As the yarn is sock weight, I plan on making a knitted blanket - one with mitred squares like this tutorial shows. I am hoping that the squares will be of the right size to work with sock yarn, while at the same time being able to show off the colour changes in the variegated yarn properly.

>

I have never done this before, however - I am still very much a novice when it comes to knitting. I can knit a scarf, sure, but I haven't really tried anything else. It will be a while before I get around to this blanket though. So fingers crossed that it works well when I do get to it! If not, I may find myself switching back to the trusty old granny square.

No comments: